Welcome to our adventures. I try as best as I can to document the happenings here in our family - everything from the shenanigans to the spiritual, from the kid to the kitchen, from the cat to the catastrophes. We believe that adventure can be found in everything we do...even in the mundane tasks of the day. When we set our minds on things above in gratitude to God, we find the strength to approach life with a sense of purpose & adventure. The adventure may not always be what we have planned...but isn't that what adventure is all about?

Other Stuff We Do

Blog Archive

Monday, April 27, 2009
Welcome the newest member of Club Amaro...

Jeremiah, the Betta Fish


Abby has been wanting a pet very badly. Although I think she had her mind set on a cat, she seemed open to starting small. She saved up her money and purchased a male betta fish and some supplies. She named him Jeremiah. I'm not sure why she named him that - I guess it seemed like a good fish name.

Unfortunately, I've been roaming around the house singing, "Jeremiah was a bullfrog....duh nuh nuh...was a good friend uh mine...duh nuh nuh".

He's been in the tank now a few hours...we are hoping that he will adjust to his new and exciting environs, complete with multi-colored rocks and fake plant. I'm not holding my breath.

Hopefully Jeremiah won't be holding his breath either.

I did have to have the little "circle of life" talk with Abby. This is the same talk I have with her when we watch Planet Earth and the cute little gazelles get torn apart by the lion or some such thing. I think she's getting the picture. This is life...animals die, God makes more.

Stay tuned for more adventures with Jeremiah...and hopefully none of them will contain a flushing toilet in the cast of characters!

k

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi K
Steph got a male betta for her birthday last December. He is still swimmin'. I hear the bettas are pretty hearty -- Here's hopin Abby's fish lives long :)
Shell

Brandi Hasley said...

Jeremiah sounds like a good bible name to me. Boy did you get off easy on the pet thing!