Welcome to our adventures. I try as best as I can to document the happenings here in our family - everything from the shenanigans to the spiritual, from the kid to the kitchen, from the cat to the catastrophes. We believe that adventure can be found in everything we do...even in the mundane tasks of the day. When we set our minds on things above in gratitude to God, we find the strength to approach life with a sense of purpose & adventure. The adventure may not always be what we have planned...but isn't that what adventure is all about?

Other Stuff We Do

Blog Archive

Thursday, April 9, 2009
We had the privilege of watching "the boys" tonight while their mom, dad and 2 sisters had an evening out.


Boys. I didn't get the handbook on those. Come to think of it, I didn't get the handbook for the girl either. My Mom, on the other hand always referred to the 'Mother's Handbook' - she even referenced pages ("Well it says on page 732 of the Mother's Handbook..."). I guess I missed that day at the hospital when they handed them out.

As a Mom to one girl, I always feel inadequate to handle more than one child...or...boys. But, I'm easy going and flexible. How hard could it be? I'll pull out the box of Lincoln Logs and they'll play that for 4 hours, then clean it up and go to bed, right? Yeah, right.

Your honor, I submit Exhibits A - H for the jury.










It started off innocently enough with the Lincoln Logs...but once I pulled The Reb out, it was all over. It must have been some boy switch that I didn't know about - whatever it was, it got flipped AND it was contagious. The 3 of them started running and screaming all over the house, trying to get away from the camera. This went on for a very...long...time.

By the way...if you're wondering why Beth Moore is hanging on a shelf next to Rotel and Progresso soup it's because....well, it's a really long story. Maybe for next time.

Regardless of the running and the screaming, I'm a fan of these 2 boys...they are precious in all their boy-ness. I can't help but pondering the future...10, 15 years down the road. What young men they will be. Will they be trying to win the affections of a girl we know? Time will tell, but for now...we enjoy.



Boys - you gotta love 'em...even with a trail of boogies under their nose.

Snips and snails,
Puppy dog tails...

k

1 comments:

Brandi Hasley said...

Aren't boys a blast? They know how to play.