Welcome to our adventures. I try as best as I can to document the happenings here in our family - everything from the shenanigans to the spiritual, from the kid to the kitchen, from the cat to the catastrophes. We believe that adventure can be found in everything we do...even in the mundane tasks of the day. When we set our minds on things above in gratitude to God, we find the strength to approach life with a sense of purpose & adventure. The adventure may not always be what we have planned...but isn't that what adventure is all about?

Other Stuff We Do

Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 7, 2009
What's up y'all...

I know today's post title has got you absolutely breathless in anticipation...but you're just going to have to wait for a minute while I tell you something that I saw yesterday.

I was driving down the road by my house (on the way to some fabulous errand, I'm sure). In order to get the visual, you need to understand the road. If my neighborhood were a song, it would be Donny & Marie's "I'm a little bit country, I'm a little bit rock-n-roll". It's a little bit rural and a little bit urban. It's rurban. Anyway, I digress. So the roads in this rurban area can sometimes have very steep ditches on one side or another (that would be the rural side). I'm very anti-steep ditches, by the way, in case you needed to know where I stand on the ditch dilemma. As if the steep ditch weren't bad enough....you also got 'yer narrow road. When you pair the narrow road with the steep ditch, you got 'yer self a little recipe for disaster.

I know. I'm getting to the point.

Anyway, I'm driving down one of these steep ditch/narrow road streets and up ahead I see a police car parked in the middle of the road. I slow down....because, that's just the kind of driver I am. As I approach, I see a red car precariously situated....half on the road and half in the ditch. The odd thing is that it didn't even look like the person drove off into the ditch (you know, with the front end in the ditch and the back end sticking up) Instead, it looks like someone just pushed it sideways into the ditch so the right side was in the ditch and the left side tires were still on the road. As I get closer, I see what I assume to be the driver & passenger over on the side. Everything looks ok with them....good to see. As I pass the car, I look over to it. Plastered on the drivers side of this red car is a big HUGE sticker. It's bright yellow with black letters. And it reads:


STUDENT DRIVER



Of course, I didn't have The Reb with me, dang it. It would have been the classic shot. One that would have circulated the internet 10 times over. I could have been famous....forget the I heart faces contest.

I hope I haven't lost you....

Now onto more egg-citing things.

Here is Abby with the latest school project...the Eggcelent Eggciting Eggsperiment. Her teacher asked each student to construct a box that would house a raw egg. The box will be dropped from the top of the ladder of the local fire department truck (maybe we'll see Mr. Ron??). The big question.....WILL THE EGG BREAK. (Did you like my Howard Cosell impersonation?)

Because I know you won't be able to sleep tonight without knowing all the details, I've put together yet another Club Amaro Photo Montage to document the eggsperience.


A box. An egg. A girl. A shameless plug for BofA.




Shredded paper. Foamy, smushy stuff.


Really strong Velcro to hold both sides of the box shut for the impact.


Secure the Velcro.


Because Mike has the biggest muscles, we voted for him to do the test toss...just look at his face. THIS is a face of someone who is not going to hold back. He's going to give that toss EVERYTHING he's got.


Let's check the egg....did she make it?


HOW EGGCITING!!


I know you couldn't tell, but that last picture was totally staged.

Party Time, Eggcelent.

k

1 comments:

Brandi Hasley said...

Love the "party time, eggcelent." Greg loves movie quotes fitted in wherever you can get them, especially if it is from Dumb and Dumber.