Welcome to our adventures. I try as best as I can to document the happenings here in our family - everything from the shenanigans to the spiritual, from the kid to the kitchen, from the cat to the catastrophes. We believe that adventure can be found in everything we do...even in the mundane tasks of the day. When we set our minds on things above in gratitude to God, we find the strength to approach life with a sense of purpose & adventure. The adventure may not always be what we have planned...but isn't that what adventure is all about?

Other Stuff We Do

Blog Archive

Friday, April 17, 2009


Tonight, driving down the road we passed a police truck. Attached to the truck was a horse trailer carrying 2 horses. Clearly, it was a "horse unit" and they were either coming or going. I pointed the police truck out to Abby and said, "Oh look, they have a couple of horses".

To which she responded (seriously - and in horror, I might add), "Oh no! Are they taking the horses to horse jail?"

Later on in the evening I had Abby strip down for bath time. Folks, there's something about the removal of the clothes that turns this child into a Broadway showing of Mamma Mia!. And to the degree that I'm trying to take care of biz and get through the bath event is the degree to which she is hammin' it up. I'm trying to wash the stinkin' tub out and she's standing on the stool, wiggling all that the good Lord gave her and singing, "I'm....a nekkid....mole rat".

Whose child is this?



love & nekkid mole rats,

k

2 comments:

Brandi Hasley said...

I believe she is your child! Don't deny the fun you have behind closed doors...lol!

Anonymous said...

Mine strips down and runs into the room screaming, "SURPRISE!! I'M NAKED-Y!" Great...she can jump out of cakes when she finishes college.

Dude- put Abby in front of a rain soaked window...profile.. ha!