Welcome to our adventures. I try as best as I can to document the happenings here in our family - everything from the shenanigans to the spiritual, from the kid to the kitchen, from the cat to the catastrophes. We believe that adventure can be found in everything we do...even in the mundane tasks of the day. When we set our minds on things above in gratitude to God, we find the strength to approach life with a sense of purpose & adventure. The adventure may not always be what we have planned...but isn't that what adventure is all about?

Other Stuff We Do

Blog Archive

Sunday, April 5, 2009

In an attempt to try and do something with my camera other than take pictures of all my Coupon Commando excursions, I am taking a step out and trying to actually learn how to use all the bells and whistles. So, I'm reading alot of photography websites and taking in all the wonderful tutorials that are out there. Quickly becoming one of my favorites is, "I Heart Faces". Every week they have a contest with a guest judge and different categories. I've have enjoyed seeing the winners each week and looking at what the judges found appealing.

Anyway - as I come across categories that fit what's going on in my life photostream, I will enter and see what comes up. This week the cateogry is "My friend and I". So, I'm entering this cute photo of Abby and K, which I took after K's bday party last weekend.

I used a few Pioneer Woman actions on it, including "Boost", "Fresh & Colorful" and then a little edge burn. I tried to follow the rule of thirds when cropping (and I'm trying to be better about actually SHOOTING the photo using this rule...but hey, that's what cropping is for, yeah?).

So there ya go...I'm sharing my first contest entry (and first loss, I'm sure) with y'all.

Hey, you have to start somewhere, right? If I'm going to be the next Ansel Adams I better get on it.



www.iheartfaces.blogspot.com


smooches,
k

5 comments:

Lara said...

Cute picture of a special moment between friends. I love the vibrant colors.

Brandi Hasley said...

Don't be speaking negative about losing. Isn't the first rule of themb...believe in your work.

Unknown said...

This is so cute! I use Pioneer Woman actions too - love them!

IMAGEine Couture Photography said...

Photographers in the making...how cute! :)

charmaine santiago said...

Very nice picture1