Welcome to our adventures. I try as best as I can to document the happenings here in our family - everything from the shenanigans to the spiritual, from the kid to the kitchen, from the cat to the catastrophes. We believe that adventure can be found in everything we do...even in the mundane tasks of the day. When we set our minds on things above in gratitude to God, we find the strength to approach life with a sense of purpose & adventure. The adventure may not always be what we have planned...but isn't that what adventure is all about?

Other Stuff We Do

Blog Archive

Monday, April 20, 2009


Most of you know that I have a younger brother, Steve, who is a musician now living in Portland, Oregon with his band TapWater.

Although I don't get to talk to him as much as I would like, we do indulge in a little cellular communication fun from time to time. For example, we occasionally send random photos to each other using our picture mail functionality. Here's one I got from Steve just the other day:



We also like to text each other silly words like, "Borte" or "Maroon".

It's just a way to let each other know that we're thinking of the other. At least that's why I do it. Plus, I'm just silly and random (please see this post to understand more about that).

In addition to having a heart full of love for my baby bro, I also carry the scars of morning breath fights, flatulence in the face fights and constant criticism of my inability to produce proper gun noises. And even though I would try and play house with his GI Joes or throw up on him from my top bunk, I think he loves me as well.

So what brings on this random post about Steve? Well, I just read Anne's blog, "Managing TapWater" this morning (she has the tough job of keeping those 6 crazy TapWater boys in line) and found out that TapWater recently opened up for Squirrel Nut Zippers at the Wonder Ballroom in Portland! Now some of you may have never heard of SNZ...but this bands' cds held top honor in my cd collection for quite some time.

I know I am completely biased, but I think the musicians of TapWater really have something going for them! They are incredibly talented and have a real heart for helping the community at large become a better place. And they are downright silly - and you know how I feel about silly.

So, I guess I just wanted to brag on my baby bro and help promote a great band in the process.

If you have a chance, get on over and visit TapWater...leave them a comment and tell 'em the TapWater Sistah sent them.

chicken and ducks and goats and bugs,

k

0 comments: