Welcome to our adventures. I try as best as I can to document the happenings here in our family - everything from the shenanigans to the spiritual, from the kid to the kitchen, from the cat to the catastrophes. We believe that adventure can be found in everything we do...even in the mundane tasks of the day. When we set our minds on things above in gratitude to God, we find the strength to approach life with a sense of purpose & adventure. The adventure may not always be what we have planned...but isn't that what adventure is all about?

Other Stuff We Do

Tuesday, August 26, 2008
There's a little game that I've seen played in the blogosphere which I myself have never been privy to participate in. But, thanks to my buddy Melissa (of the Posch variety) I am now Tag-a-licious!

So my job, as the TAGee is to share 6 random things about myself and then tag some other people. I can so do random...here it goes:

1. Speaking of random, I randomly like to take pictures of random silly things with my cell phone and then send them randomly as picture mail to my husband at random times of the day. Sometimes, I'm even in the house with him. (Don't worry, we have unlimited picture mail with our Verizon service). Yes, this is really odd but, come on...you know with whom you deal. To the right is a random picture I selected from my selection of random pictures.

2. I have a problem with my sheets and bedspread not being taut. I would rather have my bed completely unmade and very messy then have wrinkles in my made bed. My husband can attest to this painful reality. In addition, I cannot get in my bed if it is messy...so, I will straighten the sheets (making them taut) before entry. I've also been known to get up in the middle of the night and pull the sheets taut and re-enter (sometimes the sheet gets tangled around Mike, leaving me with the feeling of un-tautness - this will wake me from a dead sleep). While we're on the subject of sleeping, I also need to have my right foot OUTSIDE of the sheets in order to get to sleep.

3. When somebody talks about something that is gory, my foot will begin to become uncomfortable (probably because it never gets any time under the sheet). Mom - please leave a comment on this post and tell them I'm not lying! In fact just the other day my Mom was telling me about something and she paused saying, "I know this is making your foot hurt, but..."

4. I love to make silly songs. This is usually done whilst in the car with Abby (sometimes Mike is privy to the show, but mostly it's just me and the girl). I'm actually quite good at spur of the moment silly songs. But you will never know...it's a mad skill I save for only my family. In addition, I love to sing operatically. I'm not sure if operatically is a word, but what I mean is "in the style of Opera". Sometimes I like to combine my silly songs AND my operatic singing, and then other times when I'm not feeling creative, I'll just sing Opera style to old '80's songs like, "Danger Zone" by Kenny Loggins.

5. I have Incredible Hulk issues...as a child, my brother and I had a bunk bed. Being older, I had the top bunk. In order to get to the top, I had to climb a ladder on the side, which was right next to the closet. At night, I was convinced that the Incredible Hulk was going to come out of the closet and get my leg as I climbed up the ladder. As an adult, I still have problems with being close to a closet in the dark. I can't even really be a fan of Lou Ferrigno...ever. And don't even get me started about Bill Bixby.

6. I guess that's really too many quirky things to know about me...will you even read on? I love to make cards and do crafty things, I love to cook, I like taking pictures, spending time with my family, playing games, going on adventures, singing, getting good deals, the beach, rainy days and Jesus.

Hope I didn't lose you. Your turn - here are the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you
2. Post the rules to your blog
3. Write 6 random things about yourself
4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them
5. Let each person you have tagged know by leaving a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is posted.

Now, my turn...TAG! You're it:
Suzy @ JahnJunction
Kara @ Chasing Monkeys
Sarah @ Fiddledeedee!
Barney @ Don't Worry Be Happy

love and operatic silly songs,
k

0 comments: