Welcome to our adventures. I try as best as I can to document the happenings here in our family - everything from the shenanigans to the spiritual, from the kid to the kitchen, from the cat to the catastrophes. We believe that adventure can be found in everything we do...even in the mundane tasks of the day. When we set our minds on things above in gratitude to God, we find the strength to approach life with a sense of purpose & adventure. The adventure may not always be what we have planned...but isn't that what adventure is all about?

Other Stuff We Do

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Greetings from the other side of town...

Yes, we just spent the first night in our new-to-us house. Yesterday we got help from our small group guys...they loaded up all the furniture and bulky stuff and unloaded in less than 2 hours! What a blessing... However, I would say that we are FAR from being "moved in" though. Our house is in a slight state of chaos right now.

Hindsight being 20/20, we probably would have done our move a little differently, but hey - it is what it is. The good news is, Abby's room is all setup. In an attempt to make relatively little impact on her Kindergarten sized world, I thought it would be the best use of my time to get her room livable. Her room is actually much bigger than the one at the apartment (and the one on Charlotte Ave for that matter). She has a cute little reading area right by her window. Super cute.

Here are some observations from our first 24 hours here:

1. We have frogs. Yes, the pool in the backyard (which is supposed to be disappearing any day now) has turned into a swamp of some sort that has invited some interesting critters including dragonflies, mosquitoes and frogs. The frogs are loud and they only come out at night apparently...it's cute for about 45 seconds, then it's just annoying.

2. This house is big. If I am in laundry room and Abby is in her room, I can yell for her to "come here" and she will not hear me. This is a problem for people who like to beckon for others by yelling from the opposite side of the house (i.e. me). I'm actually going to have to get up and look for someone. Not to mention, it's a long walk from one end of the house to the other!

3. Have I mentioned lately that I hate moving boxes and packing paper?

4. I'm thrilled to have once again moved crap that I don't need. Maybe by next move I'll get it right. People, I've said this before and I'll say it again - get rid of stuff you don't use, de-clutter your life...throw away the 4 year old jar of 1/2 used lemon pepper. C'mon.

More to follow.

lovey-dovey,
k

0 comments: