Welcome to our adventures. I try as best as I can to document the happenings here in our family - everything from the shenanigans to the spiritual, from the kid to the kitchen, from the cat to the catastrophes. We believe that adventure can be found in everything we do...even in the mundane tasks of the day. When we set our minds on things above in gratitude to God, we find the strength to approach life with a sense of purpose & adventure. The adventure may not always be what we have planned...but isn't that what adventure is all about?

Other Stuff We Do

Monday, August 4, 2008
Get your mind out of the gutter - HELLO - this is a family-friendly site! I have to catalog my CVS plunder from today...you'll be amazed to know that the following items I secured with less than $5.00 out of pocket, plus I got money back (in the form of CVS Extra Care Bucks) to boot!



Breakin' it down:

TRANSACTION ONE:

8 Packages Orbit (42 count) Gum, various flavors
On sale for 2/$3.00

Regular Price: $12.00
EC Bucks Used: $9.99
Out of my Pocket: $2.21
EC Bucks Earned: $5.00
Total cost to me: FREE plus $2.79 overage.


TRANSACTION TWO:

4 Bottles of PERT PLUS on sale BOGO
2 Bottles of SURE deodorant
2 Tubes Colgate Total
1 Tube Crest Pro Health

Total Price: $18.84
Coupons used: $12.75
EC Bucks used: $5.00 (from previous transaction)
Out of my pocket: $2.44
EC Bucks earned: $5.50
Total Cost to me: FREE plus $3.06 overage


YEAH!!! Just so you all know - when you come to visit us, DO NOT BRING TOILETRIES (or gum)!!

love,
k

0 comments: