Welcome to our adventures. I try as best as I can to document the happenings here in our family - everything from the shenanigans to the spiritual, from the kid to the kitchen, from the cat to the catastrophes. We believe that adventure can be found in everything we do...even in the mundane tasks of the day. When we set our minds on things above in gratitude to God, we find the strength to approach life with a sense of purpose & adventure. The adventure may not always be what we have planned...but isn't that what adventure is all about?

Other Stuff We Do

Thursday, August 7, 2008
Today a dream of mine came true...I sat on my very own front porch and watched a summer rain fall. The only thing missing was a mint julep. Actually, I don't really know what those taste like...I would have settled for a margarita, a cosmopolitan or really just something to drink.

I did my first load of laundry in my new washer and dryer...I never planned to get so excited about laundry, but it did happen and I'm not going to try and hide it.

Our office is no longer harvest gold and hunter green - it's "Thyme". Thanks, Rob.

My main man lit the pilot light on the water heater, saving us a $75 service call. I'm proud of him - we are both scared of gas and open flames coming together so close to our person.

My daughter picked "Scrapbooking" and "Planting a Watermelon" as her Electives for this quarter. I wasn't aware that Kindergarten had electives...but then again it was the stone ages when I attended that level of schooling.

God has blessed us with an amazing small group who have volunteered to help us move the big stuff.

I was first in line at the "pick up" on Tuesday...it was 95 degrees and I had to wait 30 minutes with my windows rolled down. I took a nap. I decided I had better things to do, so this is not a goal of mine anymore.

Here is hoping your tidbits are well...

love,
k

0 comments: