Welcome to our adventures. I try as best as I can to document the happenings here in our family - everything from the shenanigans to the spiritual, from the kid to the kitchen, from the cat to the catastrophes. We believe that adventure can be found in everything we do...even in the mundane tasks of the day. When we set our minds on things above in gratitude to God, we find the strength to approach life with a sense of purpose & adventure. The adventure may not always be what we have planned...but isn't that what adventure is all about?

Other Stuff We Do

Blog Archive

Sunday, April 19, 2009
After many months of being hunkered down in my toiletry stockpile bunker, the Coupon Commando was out for a little whimsy today. I won't bore you with all the details, but I'll give you the bottom line.

Today's CVS trip, without sales, coupons or ECB's would have cost me $43.25. My total? (Insert loud, nefarious laughter here) $10.36.

I've got 3 boxes of Kleenex, 2 tubes of toothpaste, 2 OralB toothbrushes and a bunch of Aveeno stuff. The Aveeno products alone were over $25. I am SO thankful for the Aveeno deal!! Poor Abby has a terrible time with dry patches on her legs (to the point of crying) and really needs the good stuff. I was about 2 weeks away from breaking down and paying full price for some Aveeno lotion - so it was like a little CVS gift to me that it went on deal. Yay!

The savings didn't stop there, people. I really can't even tell you about the insanity that was happening in my shopping cart today at Publix...oh, well, if you insist. Those crazy Publix employees saw fit to put a ton of Kashi stuff on sale, Buy One Get One free. It just so happened that last week at Kroger I picked up a Kashi brochure off an end-cap (ok, I picked up six...they were just sittin there!) that had a bunch of coupons for $1 off. I'm embarrassed at how much Kashi cereal, snack bars and granola I bought.

Are you interested in saving money on your groceries and toiletries? Feel free to review my posts tagged "Coupon Commando" for more information about couponing & CVSing. If you think that may put you on Club Amaro overload, then check out my NEW favorite couponing site, "Southern Savers". This site has some great "getting started" guides including one on the art of CVSing. In addition, it breaks down the weekly sales for most of the grocery chains (at least out here in the South) and has links to Internet coupons! I'm lovin' me some Southern Savers...

Just a side note in case you are thinking I've got some kind of freakish toothpaste obsession (I would venture to say that almost all my Coupon Commando posts have a few tubes in the picture). Our small group at church is providing care packages for a missions team that is going to Guatemala soon. They were looking for 15 tubes of toothpaste. Although it will probably wipe out my toothpaste stockpile, I have NO QUALMS about turning it over so it can be a blessing to others. Our teeth will manage.

Copy that, 10-4, over and out...

Love,
The Coupon Commando

0 comments: