Welcome to our adventures. I try as best as I can to document the happenings here in our family - everything from the shenanigans to the spiritual, from the kid to the kitchen, from the cat to the catastrophes. We believe that adventure can be found in everything we do...even in the mundane tasks of the day. When we set our minds on things above in gratitude to God, we find the strength to approach life with a sense of purpose & adventure. The adventure may not always be what we have planned...but isn't that what adventure is all about?

Other Stuff We Do

Blog Archive

Wednesday, April 1, 2009
WARNING!
The following content contains DISTURBING IMAGES, GRAPHIC CREVICES and UNIDENTIFIED SUBSTANCES and should be viewed with extreme caution. It is advised that small children and the elderly be kept far, far away from this post. Do not view on an empty stomach, or while eating a greasy polish sausage sandwich. If at all possible, please close your eyes while reading.

Consider yourself warned...



I told you...what are you doing with your eyes open anyway?

I want you to know I am putting these pictures of my feet on this blog against my better judgment. The Reb, in all it's glory could not make my feet look good...and, I refuse to photoshop my feet. Partly because that means I would have to look at them for an extended period of time. Partly because I just have to draw the line somewhere.

I'm now suddenly feeling very vulnerable. Can somebody please have pity and kidnap me away to Bella where I can get a glass of wine and some foot attention? Also, I think my toes need liposuction...is that on the menu?

Ok, enough of that...I promised Abby that I would blog about this, so here goes.

Abby thought it would be a fabulous idea if she treated me to some nail polish. Those of you that know me know that this sort of thing is lost on me. But, I don't dare want to disappoint the youth. So I agree.

First, you must pick your color. Lucky me - thanks to my CVS Coupon Commando excursions, we've got gross green and bluer than blue (hey, when it's free, who cares what color you get)

Hey, I've already gone this far exposing my little sausages to the open air...may as well go for broke and do one of each. "Great!" exclaims Abby. Let's start with blue...gotta give it a good shake, now.









Warning...another foot picture coming up. Just treat it like the sun...a quick glance and then look away.



Now, moving onto the left foot...green is up. Another good shake.



This is actually how Abby was painting my toenails...with her eyes closed:



She was also holding her breath...poor child turned as blue as my right toenails at one point.

Now, take a look...




Don't try to sue me for retinal damage...the well is dry, friends.

Abby had a great time doing my toes...she went on to do my fingers as well...but, I went with the sparkle clear for those. Once my sausages dried, I put my shoes and socks back on. Ahhh..my comfort zone.

Well, this was good for me (I don't know how good it was for you)...sometimes we have to bring our problems into the light (without photoshopping even) so that others can share in our pain. That's really when true healing can take place.

Ohh...my toes are starting to tingle just thinking about it.

Of course it could be that my toe jam is reacting to the paint.

love you guys.

k

2 comments:

Brandi Hasley said...

I have to say, Abby did a great job on the painting. I am so glad you survived the hardship. Do you need prayer? Off the subject, Kimberly just got me with her April Fools!

Amy said...

Loved it, Krissy:)!!