Welcome to our adventures. I try as best as I can to document the happenings here in our family - everything from the shenanigans to the spiritual, from the kid to the kitchen, from the cat to the catastrophes. We believe that adventure can be found in everything we do...even in the mundane tasks of the day. When we set our minds on things above in gratitude to God, we find the strength to approach life with a sense of purpose & adventure. The adventure may not always be what we have planned...but isn't that what adventure is all about?

Other Stuff We Do

Blog Archive

Sunday, April 26, 2009
For the past few days, we've had the privilege of hosting my cousin Ashley, and her family here at Club Amaro. Ashley was a participant in the Nashville Country Music 1/2 Marathon on Saturday morning (she did really great, too!).

Now, I don't know about you folks, but I get all confused when I have to start thinking about the correct familial relationship between Abby and the kids of my all my cousins. First? Second? Who knows? Who cares. We just call 'em all cousins. And Abby had an absolute BLAST with them!


What is this they are standing on you ask? That is the Club Amaro PLAY STRUCTURE (or if you are so inclined, "swing set"). Why have you not seen any pictures of my daughter playing on it before? Up till now, she's not been a fan of the structure. For whatever reason: it's not safe, it's dirty, it's wet, there's a bug on it...whatever. I figured eventually I'm going to have to sink a little money into the thing to bring it up to Abby specs.

But guess what happened? Other kids came and played on it without hesitation. And had fun even. Proof:

Addison at the very top (YIKES!) of the structure

Emerson swings


Our Saturday afternoon backyard bbq...5 additional neighborhood kids
give the structure a big thumbs up!

So the Club Amaro play structure has been kid approved, although it still needs a bit of tuning up. One more thing for the never ending list of home improvements.

In addition to sweaty and smelly kid activity, we had prissy, girly dress up activity as well. Ashley bought some matching dresses for the girls at the Walmarts, which they immediately paired up with high heels from the Imelda Marcos dress up shoe collection in Abby's closet. Get a load of the ankle action. And here I thought you had to go to a special school to know how to do that.

The kids had a great time playing together...and posing for pictures, too! Here are some shots from a local park in town:









I even managed to take pictures of the adults! Here, my cousin and her husband take a moment to pose for the pesky photographer. I know you would all agree with me when I say Ashely looks great for just having run 13.1 miles just a few hours before! What can I say...good looks run in our family. HA!


We were disappointed to see them leave, but surely enjoyed our time together! Thanks again for coming to visit us you guys!

By the way - this is completely unrelated. But I must broadcast the fact that I hate crane flies. I am SO not a fan of them...and if they completely disappeared from the face of the earth, I would be a much happier person. It's not too much to ask is it?

Abby, lovin' on her play structure

1 comments:

Nicole said...

What is a crane fly?
It looks like you guys had a great weekend.
Nicole