Welcome to our adventures. I try as best as I can to document the happenings here in our family - everything from the shenanigans to the spiritual, from the kid to the kitchen, from the cat to the catastrophes. We believe that adventure can be found in everything we do...even in the mundane tasks of the day. When we set our minds on things above in gratitude to God, we find the strength to approach life with a sense of purpose & adventure. The adventure may not always be what we have planned...but isn't that what adventure is all about?

Other Stuff We Do

Blog Archive

Thursday, March 5, 2009


'Sup y'all. I know those of you living in Middle Tennessee are probably rolling your eyes at me right now. YES - ANOTHER SNOW PHOTO MONTAGE! For those living in much warmer climates (especially those who like to rub it in by posting beautiful pictures of a warm day at Seaport Village on their blog - no names mentioned, Casa de Luggage) I couldn't possibly live with myself if I didn't give you a little glimpse into our Winter Wonderland as seen through the eyes of my soon to be replaced digital camera.

This past Sunday we woke up and were delighted to see the 'hood covered in snow. It had fallen all night and left somewhere between 2-7 inches (depending on who you talk to). Of course, you know how I get all geeked out about trees - well I think that my fall color obsession has been replaced with neckid snow covered tree branches.


Ok, so this tree is not neckid. It's that darned oak tree that won't let go of it's leaves.

Since the 3 of us are all California transplants to TN, the whole snow thing is a brand new experience. Snow in California is something you GO to (ie. the mountains, or skiing, etc.) It doesn't just happen on top of your house. So we really lose our brain cells when snow appears. Childish tendencies surface...and some of them have a shorter distance to go than others. At least Abby has an excuse - when you're 6, some things are more acceptable. Picking your nose in public, walking around with a big oatmeal globule on your shirt, telling people they have a big nose. But for us older folk.......are y'all feelin' me on this?

Case in point...my husband, sweet precious man that he is. The man cannot stop throwing snowballs at the house. Forget building a snow man or making snow angels - no, let's peg the house.







The truth of the matter is, I LOVE that about Mike...he is so young at heart. It keeps things interesting around here to say the least.

ONION (other neat items of note):

It's small, white and it's loose. What is it you ask? ABBY'S TOOTH. I'm bracing myself for the awkward missing tooth phase of my daughters life. Why do those new teeth gotta be so big? Do they not know the small preciousness that is Abby's mouth? We shall see, but I'm praying for perfect and straight...join me.

It's black, expensive and it fits nicely in your hand. What is it you ask? It's my new BIG GIRL CAMERA!! I have been saving up for it for six months now. I have resisted every temptation to spend my money on the latest cool crafting tool, paper and embellishment so that I can graduate into the digital SLR gang. I am VERY excited to say the least.

It's loud, wet and an utter disgrace to the coupon commando image. What is it you ask? It's me, crying and grieving over having to spend my CVS Extra Care bucks without rolling them over. It's criminal, it's horrible, it's dispicable it's inconceivable and it's just wrong. I don't know how long it will take for me to get over it...pray for me.

Yaddah, yaddah...that's about it for now. I hope you are all well and enjoying your climates. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you're out there. Don't be shy...

happy happy,
joy joy,
k


Bocephus, the snowman

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

>snicker<

Brandi Hasley said...

Yay! Big girl cameran! I am so excited. Make sure you get the stabilizer lens. Yes, it IS necessary. I have been a little worried about you because you hadn't blogged for 10 days. Glad to know you are still around...even though I still haven't blogged my snow pictues.