Welcome to our adventures. I try as best as I can to document the happenings here in our family - everything from the shenanigans to the spiritual, from the kid to the kitchen, from the cat to the catastrophes. We believe that adventure can be found in everything we do...even in the mundane tasks of the day. When we set our minds on things above in gratitude to God, we find the strength to approach life with a sense of purpose & adventure. The adventure may not always be what we have planned...but isn't that what adventure is all about?

Other Stuff We Do

Blog Archive

Saturday, March 7, 2009
Today's post in is honor of the bone head that I saw sitting on his riding mower smoking a cigarette. Nice.

Here's something totally random, but right now I'm listening to Abby talk to Uncle Anthony (happy birthday Uncle Anthony!)...she started to explain something and said, "it's complicated". What is possibly complicated when you're 6?

So, today (yes, it's Saturday I know) at 4pm, we went to a birthday party at Chuck-E-Cheese. I think the last time I saw that many people in one place I was at Oakland Stadium for an A's game. It's not right. If Abby's classmates moms weren't there, I would have totally climbed up the Skee-ball ramp and put all Abby's balls in the 50k hole. I can feel you wagging your finger at me in disdain...c'mon you can't tell me you haven't wanted to do that.

Don't forget to spring your clocks forward. Mike - who LOVES the "spring forward", likes to start prepping for Daylight Savings Time early...like a week before. If I had a dollar for every time this week that Mike said, "this time next week it's going to 5pm right now....THAT RULES!" I would have enough for a new lens for my big girl camera. He really starts getting geeked out about it the day before...acting like the time has already changed sometime around lunch. At 11am he is saying, "We better have lunch now so that we won't be too full to eat dinner." Then at 4, he's suggesting dinner so we won't be too full to go to sleep. And don't even get me started about the changing of the clocks...they get set way before their time. I'm surprised we don't have a party at Chuck-E-Cheese to celebrate the time change.

I'm just grieving the loss of my hour of sleep...

k

1 comments:

Brandi Hasley said...

What an adorable picture of Abby. We like the close-ups too, Greg more so than me.