Welcome to our adventures. I try as best as I can to document the happenings here in our family - everything from the shenanigans to the spiritual, from the kid to the kitchen, from the cat to the catastrophes. We believe that adventure can be found in everything we do...even in the mundane tasks of the day. When we set our minds on things above in gratitude to God, we find the strength to approach life with a sense of purpose & adventure. The adventure may not always be what we have planned...but isn't that what adventure is all about?

Other Stuff We Do

Blog Archive

Wednesday, March 18, 2009
I have added something new to my job description. Tooth-puller.
I submit to you, Exhibit A.



After quite a number of weeks being loose, Mr. Tooth decided he'd had enough. He could no longer stand the incessant wiggling and touching by Mr. Pointer Finger. So this morning, when Mr. Tooth was almost perpindicular to the gum line, I just stuck my pinchers in and took care of biz. Abby didn't even know what hit her. She was suspended in this confused state...not sure whether to be mad at me for pulling her tooth without asking, or excited at the fact that she's just crossed over into a new season of dental glory. As she stood there with blood trickling out of the newly created hole in her gum line, I yelled at her, "GO LOOK IN THE MIRROR". She snapped out of it and giggled all the way down the hall.



I'm having flashbacks of my orthodontist yelling at me for not wearing my retainer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soon she'll be pushing out her own teeth every time she needs a couple of bucks...

oh...was that just me??

(NIce edge burn on the shot!)

Brandi Hasley said...

Too funny! I can just see her standing there looking dazed. I hate the look of loose teeth and am not looking forward to that day. I think I will pass that job off on Greg.