Welcome to our adventures. I try as best as I can to document the happenings here in our family - everything from the shenanigans to the spiritual, from the kid to the kitchen, from the cat to the catastrophes. We believe that adventure can be found in everything we do...even in the mundane tasks of the day. When we set our minds on things above in gratitude to God, we find the strength to approach life with a sense of purpose & adventure. The adventure may not always be what we have planned...but isn't that what adventure is all about?

Other Stuff We Do

Friday, May 8, 2009
What's up my peeps?

A few items of note:

1) Jeremiah is still alive.
2) It's still tornado season.

This week, Abby's school is having "spirit week". Which spirit, I'm not sure, but it's happening nonetheless. Anyway, they started the week off with Pajama Day. A day when they get to wear their pajamas (brilliant naming convention, eh?). This is like the 3rd or 4th PJ day the school has had. The kids think it's swell and I look at it as one less outfit to discuss at 7:15am.

Tuesday was "twin day"...kids picked a buddy to wear coordinating outfits. I'll give you 3 guesses who Abby picked for her twin.



Wednesday was my FAVORITE day. I don't know about you, but I have this hair salon fantasy. I'm the owner of a hair salon where me and all my best girlfriends do hair all day while we chat about the small town scandals and sip warm diet coke. Don't worry, I'm in counseling. I did get to have a bit of a hair salon moment as I ramped Abby up for "Crazy Hair Day".



I was sure that she would have the craziest hair - but alas, some OTHER mom came up with something cooler involving long braids and wire. DANG IT.

Thursday was game day - a bit of a let down after all the previous spirit week craziness if you ask me. So yeah - they played games. Woo woo.

Friday was "career day". And if anyone can make a career out of dancing, it would be the Little Moon.



So there you go...

One last thing - a BIG shout out to Mom Amaro, who is celebrating a new age of youth today. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lots of love,
k

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about the "ice cream social" day....hawaiian shirt and western day? Good times...

Brandi Hasley said...

Love the hair!! I'm sure the "other" mom spent lots of time on the internet coming up with the winning hair do.