Welcome to our adventures. I try as best as I can to document the happenings here in our family - everything from the shenanigans to the spiritual, from the kid to the kitchen, from the cat to the catastrophes. We believe that adventure can be found in everything we do...even in the mundane tasks of the day. When we set our minds on things above in gratitude to God, we find the strength to approach life with a sense of purpose & adventure. The adventure may not always be what we have planned...but isn't that what adventure is all about?

Other Stuff We Do

Monday, November 9, 2009


Back in August, I participated in a collaboration put on by my friend Julie Prichard over at Land of Lost Luggage. We are tracking the seasonal progress of a local tree of our choosing. This week everyone is posting their "fall" entry...goody goody!

You all know how I feel about fall, fall trees, fall color, fall weather...anything fall, I'm all about it. You could say, I'm all about fall. HA! Ok, sorry. Let me get the train back to the station.

I need to vent about my tree selection. I am very disappointed in myself for the tree I picked for this project. VERY disappointed. Any of you who know my neighborhood (and my region) know the color there is. But my lady has left me wanting. She's a late bloomer, I knew that from last year - but wasn't thinking about it when I chose her back in August. Nevertheless, I need to stick with her...I'm hoping that for the "winter" submission, she will dazzle me with some snow-covered branches. Let's hope...

So, let's take a closer look at my lady:








Not to make my lady feel bad, but this is the tree I should have chosen...it's right down the street from my house:

Awww...she's a beauty. I'm just sayin.

Please visit the Land of Lost Luggage and check out the other submissions in this collaboration! They will not let you down!!

Love,
all about fall

8 comments:

jgr said...

Hi, I think your tree is great! I am a Fall-lover too
it's my favorite.

Julie Prichard said...

Dude- she's a beauty..no matter what color. There just are not any trees of that stature here....they are all palms, so I love this!

Unknown said...

She's lovely!! We need those yellows along with the reds...

Leslie said...

She is a beautiful tree. Heck, mine has lost almost of her leaves at this stage. I should have gone back earlier for some interim photos, but I didn't.

Janet said...

I think she looks lovely in her golden colors. That red tree is flashy and trying to steal all the attention!

Anonymous said...

loving all the photos!! esp like the nehemiah "series" ones...

Seth said...

Love your tree in both seasons!

Julie Prichard said...

It's the final arboreal week...stop by so we can see your tree!