Welcome to our adventures. I try as best as I can to document the happenings here in our family - everything from the shenanigans to the spiritual, from the kid to the kitchen, from the cat to the catastrophes. We believe that adventure can be found in everything we do...even in the mundane tasks of the day. When we set our minds on things above in gratitude to God, we find the strength to approach life with a sense of purpose & adventure. The adventure may not always be what we have planned...but isn't that what adventure is all about?

Other Stuff We Do

Thursday, November 12, 2009
Meet Kelsey.



Kelsey has mad photo skills. Her and her husband, Jon, are owners of Focal Point Cinematic Weddings. Not only do they do incredible work, they are super cool peeps as well (and don't even get me started about their line dancing talent).

When my Mom was here visiting last week, we asked Kelsey if she would come and teach us some stuff about our cameras (my Mom just recently purchased a camera identical to mine). So Kelsey brought over her gear and her sweet spirit and we had a great time exploring our equipment.

Mom gets schooled.


We also roamed around in the backyard playing with our settings...

freaky magnolia thingy

pine cone

My mom and I had a super time and we learned some great stuff too (my mom video taped our discussion for future reference!).

I have to say, one of my favorite parts was test driving a few of Kelsey's lenses. First, the 50mm/f1.8 lens....and then, the "beast" lens. I don't remember the specs on that 2nd lens, but I know it was long, heavy and it brought me one breath away from a panic attack when I attached it to my camera. Whoa big boy...

But oh...the bokeh from that 50mm. I love the bokeh. LOVE it. If I had to choose between fall foliage and bokeh? Futile, I tell you. I have been saving my pennies for a new lens - I'm almost ready to pull the trigger!! And then, we shall have a bokeh party.

Just want to say a big thanks to Kelsey again for being a great teacher. If you get a chance, check out her photo blog and see all the fabulous pictures she's shot. And for yet another treat, visit the Focal Point blog and see some of Jon & Kelsey's video productions!

Focalicious!
k


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

thanks for the shout out! it was a blast! look forward to the bokeh party. :) buy it, woman, buy it!