Welcome to our adventures. I try as best as I can to document the happenings here in our family - everything from the shenanigans to the spiritual, from the kid to the kitchen, from the cat to the catastrophes. We believe that adventure can be found in everything we do...even in the mundane tasks of the day. When we set our minds on things above in gratitude to God, we find the strength to approach life with a sense of purpose & adventure. The adventure may not always be what we have planned...but isn't that what adventure is all about?

Other Stuff We Do

Sunday, November 1, 2009


We took a little day trip down to Sewanee, TN today. For those of you that have been with the Adventures for awhile, you may remember this post from last years trip to Sewanee. It was that trip that helped me to understand that trees here in Tennessee are not the same as my home state.

And if I haven't said it enough already, I have a insatiable obsession for fall foliage. Fall foliage makes me full of folly.

But, there was a little trouble in Sewanee paradise. A little series of storms and strong winds rolled through the region this past week and left my beloved trees much more nekkid than I would have liked. We were informed by the locals that last week was the perfect week - the rains of the season had put such color on the trees - the likes of which have not been seen in some time.

But Sewanee had other delights for me to take in...

entrance to All Saints' Chapel


Templeton Library


Natural Bridge


the cross



University of the South campus


and...shocker...lots of photo ops for Abby!


We had lunch at the University's cafeteria....don't let the word "cafeteria" fool you. The food was excellent and the dining area was straight up 1800's gothic university motif. I felt like I was part of the cast of Dead Poets Society. Seriously.


So although we did not get to see the trees that I was hoping for, we had a great time roaming around Sewanee and taking in the beautiful sights of this Tennessee gem.

I'm leafing you now...lots of love from the frolicking foliage folly front,

k

2 comments:

Julie Prichard said...

Dude- beautiful shots!! Love that leaf up there...certainly none of that in your home state. ;) But there sure is a lot of guacamole every which way..

Brandi Hasley said...

I love me some fall too, and you are making me sick with all these fun fall trips and pictures...lol.