Welcome to our adventures. I try as best as I can to document the happenings here in our family - everything from the shenanigans to the spiritual, from the kid to the kitchen, from the cat to the catastrophes. We believe that adventure can be found in everything we do...even in the mundane tasks of the day. When we set our minds on things above in gratitude to God, we find the strength to approach life with a sense of purpose & adventure. The adventure may not always be what we have planned...but isn't that what adventure is all about?

Other Stuff We Do

Saturday, November 14, 2009
I love flowers.



If I had my way, I would have fresh flowers all around my house. As long as I'm having my way, I also would like someone to come and switch out the flowers once they get that "not so fresh feeling" and replace them with fresh new ones. Yeah, that sounds good to me. This person would also make fresh sushi for me on a daily basis. Sorry, getting off topic.



A deterrent for me having a house full of fresh flowers is the cost. Until the day I have my dream garden complete with gerbera daisies, stargazer lilies, daffodils, hyacinths, irises, mums and roses, I have to purchase already cut flowers.




Recently, I found a secret little corner of my Krogers floral department. When the floral department manager sees a bouquet of flowers closing in on their "expiration", they get put in the corner and discounted. They have a big sale tag on them that reads, "Managers Special". The dozen pink roses you see here I purchased for $2.50. They are beautiful and they smell beautiful. Initially, they looked like they were getting close to the end of their time when in fact all they needed was a little TLC, which I happily gave them. A little warm water, a little cut of the stem, a little flower food - they perked right up and performed for me.



Sometimes I need to step back a take a hard look at what I'm putting on "Managers Special" in my life. What am I shoving in the corner so I can have bigger and better? What am I neglecting, what am I overlooking? What needs a little TLC?



I am loving my Managers Special...and being reminded that if I stop long enough to "smell the roses", there are treasures to be found all around me!

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Julie Prichard said...

Dude- great post, great message :)