Welcome to our adventures. I try as best as I can to document the happenings here in our family - everything from the shenanigans to the spiritual, from the kid to the kitchen, from the cat to the catastrophes. We believe that adventure can be found in everything we do...even in the mundane tasks of the day. When we set our minds on things above in gratitude to God, we find the strength to approach life with a sense of purpose & adventure. The adventure may not always be what we have planned...but isn't that what adventure is all about?

Other Stuff We Do

Friday, August 28, 2009
I have been wondering for the past few weeks what in the world could inspire me to take a time out from the busyness of my life right now and put together a post. Well, there have been many inspirations, but the subsequent "time out" never comes.

Today is a new day, friends! I had an impromptu day off today which I have used very productively. Of course it's 2:30 in the afternoon and I'm still in my pajamas, but we don't need to talk about that right now. As an added bonus, Mike just offered to pick up the kids from school...I feel like I just won the lottery.

So my productive day has left me with a bit of a moment to do something I've wanted to do the past few days. What is that, you ask? Participate in a collaboration with the readers of The Land of Lost Luggage. We are setting out to document a single trees journey from Summer to Fall/Winter to Spring.

And you know how I am ALL GEEKED OUT about my trees. I can't even go into it right now.

Let's look at our contestant. This beautiful lady hails from the great state of Tennessee. She's modest in size, but full of lush green leaves. She likes swaying in the breeze and providing shade to the adjacent playground on a hot summer day. Sometimes, you can catch our gal being especially frisky and letting the local squirrels onto her branches. GASP!

Here she is:



I'm sure JeriAnn will have no problem telling me what kind of tree this is by looking at the leaves:



We will be taking pictures of our trees again during the week of November 8 and again during the week of April 4, 2010. I can only pray there might be a snow here so I can snap off an extra credit pic!!

Would you like to participate with us? Get your entry in, pronto....head over and see Julie at Lost Luggage and put your deets in. If you don't want to participate with your own tree, feel free to just stalk all the rest of us who are participating. I won't tell.

Arbor-iginally yours,

k

4 comments:

Julie Prichard said...

ayyy a majestic beauty she is... Not sure why I am talking like a pirate..

Brandi Hasley said...

Too bad we are moving and my camera lens has not been replaced. Sounds fun! In Louisiana there would be no extra credit pic for snow though.

Leslie said...

I'm glad you found time to post a photo of this lovely! I can't wait to see what she does in the fall and spring!

Julie Prichard said...

Just a reminder that the Getting Arboreal: A Nature Collection is up for an update next week. Try to make a post with both your original tree photo and your new tree photo and leave me a comment so I can update the links. Hope to see you then!