Welcome to our adventures. I try as best as I can to document the happenings here in our family - everything from the shenanigans to the spiritual, from the kid to the kitchen, from the cat to the catastrophes. We believe that adventure can be found in everything we do...even in the mundane tasks of the day. When we set our minds on things above in gratitude to God, we find the strength to approach life with a sense of purpose & adventure. The adventure may not always be what we have planned...but isn't that what adventure is all about?

Other Stuff We Do

Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Today I decided to take a drive around town and photograph trees.



I know that I spent way too much time recently talking about how much I love, love, love fall. Well, I think my "full blown love affair" with fall has turned into psychotic, maddening obsession. The reason is the trees, man. THE TREES!!!! I've almost got into 23 accidents on the road because I CAN'T STOP LOOKING AT THE TREES!



The bursts of color that my eyes are seeing right now are making me crazy. The reds, the oranges, the yellows, the maroons and yes, even the greens. I can't decide which I favor. Sometimes, I like me a nice solid colored tree...just standing by itself.



But then there's the mutiny color pattern...that's where MOST of the tree is a solid color except for one little area that's decided to go off and change into a different color.



I saw one today that was full-on yellow - there was the one part that was burnt red....it just made me crazy. I couldn't take a picture of it either because there was nowhere for me to stop the car. Believe me, if there was even a piece of gravel that I could have pulled over onto to get the picture, I would have (as it was, I took my life into my own hands getting some of my pictures from today). Later on in my photo shoot, I just started sticking my camera out the window while driving in an attempt to capture some trees that were not quite on my path.



After I got home from my photo shoot, I took a few pics of trees on our property. An older gentleman was walking the hood and we started chatting. I felt the need to explain to him what I was doing standing in the street taking pictures of trees. He told me that he has lived here all his life and that if I loved what I was seeing now, just wait. "This ain't nuthin'" he said. WHA? I don't know if I can take more color. I wish that I already had my new big girl camera...



Back in the comfort of Club Amaro, I found myself gazing out the kitchen window. One of my backyard trees is just starting to pop...now I may actually have to start doing some dishes so I can stare at it.



It was nice to have a little time to take in some nature and not have to think about red or blue or Rock O. Bama (how Abby says his name). I hope you are finding your own way to get a little peace from the craziness of this election season.

Feel free to check out Dropshots for more of my tree pics.

Love & a nice red orange yellow maroon green tree,

k

SECRET MESSAGE: Juss tell me when da numbah seven come by.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude- great looking trees!