Welcome to our adventures. I try as best as I can to document the happenings here in our family - everything from the shenanigans to the spiritual, from the kid to the kitchen, from the cat to the catastrophes. We believe that adventure can be found in everything we do...even in the mundane tasks of the day. When we set our minds on things above in gratitude to God, we find the strength to approach life with a sense of purpose & adventure. The adventure may not always be what we have planned...but isn't that what adventure is all about?

Other Stuff We Do

Monday, June 22, 2009
Whad up my peeps. Lest you think I fell off the face of the earth, I'm popping in for a little postie-post. However, I have alot to catch you up on so I'm going to take a "just the facts" approach. The "Readers Digest" version, if you will. This will be challenging for me because as you well know....I AM VERBOSE. I can't stop. Really...I can't stop. I go on and on...you get the picture.

So, in no particular order, here are some things that have occurred or are in the process of occurring or will perhaps occur in the future.

1. Jeremiah is still alive. He is very proficient at building bubble nests. If only he could lay concrete and build awnings. Dang the bad luck.

2. Abby is officially riding her bike without training wheels. See a cool video of that here.

3. We finally saw a Nashville Sounds game. They lost to Iowa. IOWA. Come on people...you can't lose to Iowa. See more pictures here. (Of course most of the pictures are of really, super cute kids...but there are a few pictures of fireworks and a few players.)

4. Abby came to work with me one day last week at the ICEJ. We actually put her to work! She even earned a wage (ok, well our Controller gave her a fake check for $5 and I "cashed" it for her). She thought she was the business, man. It was taking Laura to a whole nutha level. See a few pictures of her work day here.

5. Sad news to report on the bird eggs in my dead front porch fern. I found one day that the 2 sparrow eggs were gone and all that was left was that stinkin' cowbird egg.

6. Abby has a new play kitchen. Actually, it's new to her...but not "new". I can't believe that I'm admitting this, but I was driving in our hood one day and found it on the curb of one of our neighbors! They were throwing it away!! It was in perfectly good condition - just a little dirty. So I called in a favor with the covert ops special forces team (aka, Mike) and had it picked up. A little soap, a little water and a trip to Toys 'R Us for a bag of play food. Badda bing, badda boom...you gotcher self a nice little kitchen setup. I wish that you could hear what goes on in this kitchen. Again...it's takin' Laura to a whole nutha level. I've got the next Sunday Convo lined up already...a clip about how to make croutons. It's a riot.

7. Middle Tennessee is officially hot.

8. We just finished a visit with Grandaddy and Aunt Jan...they drove up from Louisiana and stayed for 4 days. We had a great time! It's always sad to see our company go, but we are excited because Grandaddy will be coming back in July for an extended stay. YAY! Check out some pictures of them here.

9. We went to the Moon Pie & RC Cola festival. Yes, the moon pie has its own festival. How it got hooked up with RC Cola, I'm not sure. It was fun... Pictures of that are here.

10. My high school is having its 20th reunion this weekend. This makes me feel old.

11. Next Monday we are packing up the Camry and heading down to Texas to visit Grandmama & Grandpapa. Fun, fun! We are going to stay a few nights in Little Rock, AR. Perhaps we will run into Bill Clinton while we are there. If anyone knows of something fun to do in Little Rock, drop me a line. If it were just me, my equation would look like this: POOL + BOOK + SLEEP.

12. Our BBQ is getting alot of action this summer. Did you know that you can put frozen hot dogs on the grill and they come out AMAZING? Yeah...what's even better is when you can buy like 10 packages of them for next to nothing and THEN freeze them. They taste even more amazing. Try it - you'll thank me for the tip.

13. Abby now commands me to "Google it" when I don't know an answer to her question. The other day I was trying to teach her how to blow a bubble. She got very frustrated with me and said, "can you just Google it?". Oh to raise a child in the age of technology.

14. Speaking of technology my laptop of 2 years decided to take a dump on me. I bought a new Toshiba Satellite and I dare say that I'm a fan of it. Not to mention I got it for the same price it would have cost me to fix my old one. How does that work?

15. We picked our first cherry tomato (a yellow one)...the official "first fruits" of our garden. We split it 4 ways with B & M - it was so sweet and delicious! In addition, I went over the other day and harvested some basil and made a nice batch of pesto. MMmmm, mmmm! It was delish! One of the varieties of basil that we have is "lemon"...it added a nice little twist to the pesto. Looks like we'll be going crazy with tomatoes soon...and we see a pepper or two. We aren't sure why our garden is not growing as fast as some of the others in the hood. But we are not complaining.

16. Abby catches lightning bugs and puts them in her bug viewer...have you ever seen a firefly? They are SOOOOO cool.

17. Did I mention that it's hot here? I've melted 142 times already and it's not even July.

18. 4 out of 5 dentists prefer Crest. I know that's not really a Club Amaro fact, but I'm trying to make my list go to 20. Extend grace to me.

19. I love magnolia blooms of my backyard tree:


20. Did you know the human head weighs 8 pounds?

There you have it...20 facts. Here's hoping you got this far.

Lotsa love,
k

1 comments:

Brandi Hasley said...

Cool beans! Lots going on...Number 18 or 20 random fact could have been you have been celebrating your friends on Wednesday nights...lol! Been missin' you.