Welcome to our adventures. I try as best as I can to document the happenings here in our family - everything from the shenanigans to the spiritual, from the kid to the kitchen, from the cat to the catastrophes. We believe that adventure can be found in everything we do...even in the mundane tasks of the day. When we set our minds on things above in gratitude to God, we find the strength to approach life with a sense of purpose & adventure. The adventure may not always be what we have planned...but isn't that what adventure is all about?

Other Stuff We Do

Saturday, June 27, 2009
Tonight I'm feeling a little nostalgic. For one, Mike is sitting here listening to old Michael Jackson songs..."Beat It", "Billy Jean", etc. You know, the really good years. It's bringing back alot of memories of the 80's.

As if that weren't enough...as I'm sitting here writing, somewhere in San Diego my high school class is celebrating 20 years. Facebook has been buzzing with all my classmates talking about what they will wear and where the after-party is.

TWENTY YEARS. Am I really that old?

Some may argue that my level of maturity has not quite reached the level of my actual age - but still.


It seems like just yesterday that I was rockin' my Esprit gear, jettin' around in the Dodge Colt with my personalized KRISKOM license plate. Driving like Mustang Sally on a Red Bull...navigating that Patrick Henry exit lane to get out to Arby's in time to slam some lunch before the next class started. I could really go on and on about my high school memories...it could quite possibly bore you to tears unless you were there with me.

This little trip down memory lane has made me think a bit...what have I accomplished in the 20 years since I wore my cap & gown? I have a beautiful family and great friends...I have a great house and community...I have some skills that I have honed over the years allowing me to contribute to the family income. Most important is my relationship with God...He has been faithful to me over the years. He has given me peace and hope through the difficult trials I've experienced in my life. His is the strength that I rely on each and every day...a firm foundation that never leaves me or forsakes me.

So I wonder where I'll be 20 years from now? Maybe Esprit and Forenza will be in again. It's fun to think about, but I'd rather just enjoy today.

Thanks for trippin' with me...
Now I've got to "beat it".

k

1 comments:

Julie said...

Hugs and Au Coton...

xo