Welcome to our adventures. I try as best as I can to document the happenings here in our family - everything from the shenanigans to the spiritual, from the kid to the kitchen, from the cat to the catastrophes. We believe that adventure can be found in everything we do...even in the mundane tasks of the day. When we set our minds on things above in gratitude to God, we find the strength to approach life with a sense of purpose & adventure. The adventure may not always be what we have planned...but isn't that what adventure is all about?

Other Stuff We Do

Thursday, June 4, 2009
Are you ready for some more "Sunday Conversation"?

This video needs some serious setup...so let me get started.

If you've been following this blog for awhile, you may have heard me talk about Laura and Amanda. Laura and Amanda are the pretend names that Abby and I use when we "play" office (or anything else that requires a little fun injection). This started a long time ago when I used to do more web development work at home. I could do my work while making Abby feel like she's part of the deal...a win-win in my book. And I can pretend and ham it up with the best of them (I know, hard to believe...you'll just have to take my word for it).

A few fun facts about Amanda & Laura.

  • I am Amanda, named after the cut-throat Ad Executive from Melrose Place.
  • Abby is Laura, named after Laura Ingalls Wilder (bonnet and all). Quite a contrast, eh?
  • Mike is Nelson, the president of whatever organization we are working for at the time. He's not always in the picture, but he does manage to get involved every so often and approve some paperwork.
  • Abby can become Laura in a New York minute...her entire countenance changes and you better get on board quickly or get left in the dust.
  • Abby will usually sketch out an entire scenario prior to putting Laura "on"....inevitably, it starts with the phrase, "Pretend that..."
  • Sometimes Abby will put Laura on pause and rewrite the entire scenario on the fly. Once I agree, she goes right back to Laura - not missing a beat. It makes my head spin if I'm not caffeinated.
  • Abby must always wear her black church shoes when she is playing Laura
  • I love playing with my daughter in this way...it's a lot of fun. I'm hoping that there will be no damaging effects that creep up later in life as a result of all our acting out.



Ok, so here is the real setup for the video. I asked Abby...ahem...I mean, Laura...if she wouldn't mind discussing a bit about what we're doing over at the bank these days. As usual, she's up for it. I had no idea what to expect, but I knew that I would get some good footage. We set up the filming in front of her dry-erase board in case there would be any illustrations. As you can see, she has a little dry erase marker addiction...we're working through it.

Now this video is a little over 3 minutes which may seem a little long. I promise you, every second will be worth it. And please don't say anything about my messy craft room...it will hurt my feelings.

So without further rambling, here is the latest installment of "Sunday Conversation":


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


Please note that Facebook viewers & Feedburner email subscribers may not be able to see the embedded video...please visit The Adventures of Club Amaro for access.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This video is just too precious. I love the "NELSON ALERT" that flashed across the screen. I just fell out laughing.I cannot wait to come and do a little business with Laura and Amanda. 12 days and counting!
Aunt Jan

Julie Prichard said...

HAHAH

Dude- when I talk to Brigetta on the phone a couple of years ago..she sounded exactly the same.. but you have a different voice..that's you, right?

Ab is fantastic.. I love how the bank is changing into a Mimi's Cafe...LOL and I love that she is downsizing the branch, but no one is loosing their jobs. lol

You guys are awesome!

Brandi Hasley said...

Oh My Gosh! Little Kristin...ahem...I mean Laura is too funny. Has Daddy bean watching a lot of news? Too funny! I have been wondering about/missing the Sunday Convo! Got to love it.

Nicole said...

That was too funny. I love it. She is so serious. Loved the "Nelson Alert". She is such a sweet little girl.
Nicole