Welcome to our adventures. I try as best as I can to document the happenings here in our family - everything from the shenanigans to the spiritual, from the kid to the kitchen, from the cat to the catastrophes. We believe that adventure can be found in everything we do...even in the mundane tasks of the day. When we set our minds on things above in gratitude to God, we find the strength to approach life with a sense of purpose & adventure. The adventure may not always be what we have planned...but isn't that what adventure is all about?

Other Stuff We Do

Blog Archive

Friday, October 10, 2008
Today my Mom turns 60. She is one fabulous woman and I thought if y'all didn't mind I would tell you a little about her. First of all, I have to say, she is lookin' good for 60. I hope it's in the genes if you know what I mean. But, beauty is only the tip of the ice berg.

My mom is incredibly talented. She is very crafty, she can sew and embroider, scrapbook and bead and create a beautful garden. Her home is cozy and inviting because she has created it to be. She has an eye for detail and wonderful vision, she can see potential in things that most people can't.

If you need encouragement, don't bother looking anywhere else - my Mom is the gal. She is the best cheerleader around. Sometimes, you don't even know you need it and sometimes you don't want it...but, she's sensitive to give it in the right dose.

My mom is also very smart, organized and a top notch planner and researcher. She most always has just the right way with her words. She can negotiate white off rice.

She's a wonderful cook (even though she has to read every single word of the recipe fifty times, much to the shigrin of that recipe rebel daughter of hers). Her black eyed peas should win an award...and don't get me started about Thanksgiving dinner. Uh!

Anything she can, she will make special...everything from Christmas morning to the first day of school. My brother and I could make a list a mile long of many things that had that extra special "Mom" touch to it.

She's an excellent listener and a good sounding board. She is able to see the positive in things and will be the first to tell you, "Cut the negs!". She is not above receiving advice from her daughter...and sometimes she even asks for it :)

The woman knows how to do laundry...seriously. You think you know laundry, but you have no idea.

She has cool handwriting.

She is an awesome Grandmama.

She loves my husband and could take up 2 hours saying all the things she likes about him.

She finds fun in things that most people ignore.

She's got a great sense of humor.

She will kick your butt in Scrable and then cheer you up afterwards (I still have the score sheet from when I beat her that ONE TIME).

She is the original bargain huntress...she will find a deal where there is no deal.

She is a beautiful sister in Christ, and I will always treasure her.

Happy Birthday, Momma - I love you!!

the cub.

SECRET MESSAGE: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so touched by your writings of your Mom..what a precious gift and what is even better is that you acknowledge what you have been given by her being your Mom and I am sure the ultimate for her is she created such a wonderful daughter and mother! I am going to try hard to get to Tenn soon and our families can meet. I am off to read the blog you told me about...hugs and kisses, Kimberly