Welcome to our adventures. I try as best as I can to document the happenings here in our family - everything from the shenanigans to the spiritual, from the kid to the kitchen, from the cat to the catastrophes. We believe that adventure can be found in everything we do...even in the mundane tasks of the day. When we set our minds on things above in gratitude to God, we find the strength to approach life with a sense of purpose & adventure. The adventure may not always be what we have planned...but isn't that what adventure is all about?

Other Stuff We Do

Blog Archive

Thursday, October 30, 2008
The Feed Burner stats haven't shown any dip in readership, so I guess I don't have too much damage control to do after that last post. But God bless you if you're still reading anyway...



So yeah, this is that standard issue, late October "I took my kid to the pumpkin patch and here's all the pictures of us pumpkin carving in the afternoon", dried ears of corn kind of post. C'mon, you know you've got that kind of post...

Tuesday morning Mike, Uncle Steve and Grandaddy hopped in the car and drove out to Gentry's Farm in Franklin to meet a busload of kids from Abby's school. They spent a chunk of the day there doing various activities (one of which included feeding some pumpkins to the cows! did you know that cows ate pumpkins?) then got to eat lunch and even take a pumpkin home. The only unfortunate incident of the day involved a group of wild young animals attacking Uncle Steve. He was able to escape with only minor injuries.

Although we had to say adios to Uncle Steve on Wednesday morning, the Grandaddy visitation is still in full swing here at the Club. We spent some time carving the pumpkins that they brought home from the farm and roasting the seeds (my favorite!). One of the pumpkins was a "knuckle head" pumpkin. That thing was so tough, I couldn't get my Cutco in there for nuthin'. So what's a girl to do?? GET YER DRILL, BABY! Oh yeah - I LOVE using the drill. It's just a really cool feeling to know that you can make holes in stuff. The knuckle head was no match for the DeWalt...I even busted out the big 1" drill bit too - it was awesome. Pumpkin was flying everywhere. I was a total drill rebel and did it sans protective eyeware, too. I finally got the top off that thing so we could fish out the seeds.

Another fun highlight for the week was Grandaddy's lunch date with Abby. Her school allows family members to come have lunch with the kids in the cafeteria. This was actually kind of a big deal for Abby because it was the first time that she got to eat the "cafeterion" food. She even used her own money from her piggy bank to finance the lunch.



That should just about do it for this post...

love & a fully charged DeWalt

k

SECRET MESSAGE: Here...smell my feet. These shoes do NOT make my feet smell!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The colony has moved into that pumpkin patch....must be a weird TN phenom...

Happy Halloweenie!!!

PS- I remember you eating pumpkin seeds when we were young!! Freakazoid..