Welcome to our adventures. I try as best as I can to document the happenings here in our family - everything from the shenanigans to the spiritual, from the kid to the kitchen, from the cat to the catastrophes. We believe that adventure can be found in everything we do...even in the mundane tasks of the day. When we set our minds on things above in gratitude to God, we find the strength to approach life with a sense of purpose & adventure. The adventure may not always be what we have planned...but isn't that what adventure is all about?

Other Stuff We Do

Saturday, February 7, 2009
The picture you're about to see doesn't begin to tell the story of what happened about 30 minutes ago in the foyer of our home. If I gave you the FULL picture, I may have to answer to the authorities.

Let me break down the scene for ya...

A quiet hush had fallen over the house. Abby was sent to her room to get ready for the Saturday night shower. Mike and I, catching our breath after getting home from a nice dinner out. Then it happened.

In true Joel Goodson fashion, Abby slides into the entry way in the buff. Not a stitch on except for a pair of Mike's magnetic sunglasses. If she was black and didn't have long hair, and was alot older, I may have mistaken her for Morpheus. I digress.

What was it that my dear child said having so boldly taken the moments center stage?

It wasn't what she said, it's what she sang (loudly, and on perfect pitch I might add).

"You don't tug on Superman's cape...
You don't spit into the wind...
You don't pull...the mask off that old Lone Ranger
and you DON'T MESS AROUND WITH JIM.
Doh doobie doo dee dee de dee dee dee."






Jim Croce would be proud...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This just put a grin on my face and gave me the best chuckle in awhile! Aunt Jan

Brandi Hasley said...

Oh! HILARIOUS! Could her mom be coming out in her any?