Welcome to our adventures. I try as best as I can to document the happenings here in our family - everything from the shenanigans to the spiritual, from the kid to the kitchen, from the cat to the catastrophes. We believe that adventure can be found in everything we do...even in the mundane tasks of the day. When we set our minds on things above in gratitude to God, we find the strength to approach life with a sense of purpose & adventure. The adventure may not always be what we have planned...but isn't that what adventure is all about?

Other Stuff We Do

Thursday, February 12, 2009
Dear all those people mentioned in the title of my post,

Please stop trying to pressure my husband into feeling like he has to somehow prove his love to me on valentines day. What's that all about? Do you think men in this country don't have a hard enough time competing in this crazy world and now they have to buy some overpriced, oversized, glittery card, a dozen roses, a 10 carat tennis bracelet that says, "I love you" and a box of Chocolates? As if they aren't inundated enough with high pressure sales pitches, you have to find every possible media and advertising outlet you can to push your chocolatey romantic agenda. I find it absolutely nauseating! Those poor guys don't stand a chance against your manipulation...

"Say 'I love you' with a pair of 1 carat diamond earrings from..."

"Show her your love is forever with a card from..."

"Sweeten up your love life with a nut and chew sampler from..."

You should be ashamed of yourselves. You need to consider other alternatives...I have a suggestion.

I propose that you lobby the new administration of the country to create a Valentine stimulus package that would include provision for each man to have access to a fund. This fund would allow him to purchase a pair of 1 carat diamond earrings, a dozen roses, a box of chocolates and one of those super sized cards that require extra postage. They could use it whenever they want...all at once or spread throughout the year. This would decrease the financial burden on them and would in turn ease your need for the high pressure sell. Men will start to feel more confident and will begin to perform better in all their necessary functions. This will set off a chain of events that will send the economy skyrocketing, solve world hunger and reverse global warming (if you believe that is in fact happening).

Think it over and get back to me.

Kind regards,
Kristin M. Amaro



Sorry - I got a little carried away trying to make my point...

What I'm trying to say is that I love random acts of kindness. Gifts that are unexpected, pure in motivation and straight from the heart. I think Valentines is gettin' a little out of control.

So I just wanted to say thanks to my man, who says 'I love you' everyday (alot of times more than once) not only with his words, but with his actions. That to me means more than any diamond, rose or cashew nut carmel chew.

However, I wouldn't be mad if you brought home a dozen stargazer lillies.

JUST KIDDING.

Not really...

I LOVE YOU MIKE!!

Happy Valentines Day, everyone!

Love & chews,
k

2 comments:

Rutledge 7 said...

very well said.... i will second it all... your humor is medicine to my soul

Brandi Hasley said...

Love it! Too bad everyone doesn't feel that way. As I was inundated with Valentine advertisements trying to get on the internet, I felt sad for the single women out there who get down on themselves around Valentine's. They degrade themselves for a meaningless holiday. It's so sad.