Welcome to our adventures. I try as best as I can to document the happenings here in our family - everything from the shenanigans to the spiritual, from the kid to the kitchen, from the cat to the catastrophes. We believe that adventure can be found in everything we do...even in the mundane tasks of the day. When we set our minds on things above in gratitude to God, we find the strength to approach life with a sense of purpose & adventure. The adventure may not always be what we have planned...but isn't that what adventure is all about?

Other Stuff We Do

Monday, April 7, 2008


A few little things that have given us a laugh:

Don't forget your protein!
One thing we've learned is that when you say something, Abby is bound to repeat it. About 3 or 4 weeks into our road trip, I've started saying, "it will be nice to get into a proper routine" - or - "I can't wait till we get settled and get into a normal routine again". You know - it's nice to be on vacation, but at a certain point, you long for routine. Anyway - the other night we were tucking Abby in (way past her bedtime as usual) and she laid down, covered herself and said, "Man, I will be glad when I get back into my protein".

Word Slips
Here's a few word substitutions we've recently chuckled over:

"Yumsters" for youngsters
"Dooms" for dunes

The Turn Out
I should have my Mom write this one up as she was part of the original conversation. Abby was talking about how you know it's a boy or a girl when it's newborn...they "take it to the turn out"...apparently at the turn out, you find out whether it "turned out" to be a boy or a girl.

0 comments: