Welcome to our adventures. I try as best as I can to document the happenings here in our family - everything from the shenanigans to the spiritual, from the kid to the kitchen, from the cat to the catastrophes. We believe that adventure can be found in everything we do...even in the mundane tasks of the day. When we set our minds on things above in gratitude to God, we find the strength to approach life with a sense of purpose & adventure. The adventure may not always be what we have planned...but isn't that what adventure is all about?

Other Stuff We Do

Saturday, April 26, 2008
A little business to get out of the way: Please note that very soon, I will be shutting down this blog to public access for privacy purposes. If you want to stay updated on Club Amaro Adventures, please send me an email and I will send you an invitation to the site (AFTER I SWITCH TO PRIVATE ACCESS). If you'd rather just get the email version of the blog each time its updated, please sign up in the box to the right entitled, "Subscribe". If you are already a subscriber, you need not do anything. Thanks for understanding!! Now, back to your regularly scheduled blog update...

--------------------------------------------------

I send greetings to you from my new (to me) $50 garage sale dining room table in my new (to me) Tennessee apartment. As I type, I'm surrounded by all our belongings that fall into one of the following categories:

1. In a box
2. Not in a box, but not in a proper place
3. Not in a box and put somewhere that seemed logical at the time, but will most likely get moved two or three times in the next two or three weeks
4. Not in a box and put in the perfect place

In addition to all our belongings, we have bonus items that include, but are not limited to:

a. boxes of all shapes and sizes - some new, some used and some REALLY used.
b. paper
c. paper
d. paper
e. paper
f. paper

And I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but we have paper.

First of all, let me say that I'm so thankful that all our stuff arrived and that it appeared to arrive in pretty much the same condition that it was when it left. The moving company that we hired was top notch (Chipman/United Van Lines) with only a few minor exceptions (who doesn't have those, eh?). That being said, part of the reason everything got here in one piece is because they used an entire forest worth of trees to wrap our stuff! You would not believe the amount of paper that we are dealing with here...I'm not exaggerating, I promise! I mean, it's really a problem. You hate to throw it away - I mean, we paid for the stuff, right? And, knowing that we'll be moving soon it would be wise to hold onto it. But what do you do with bags and bags and bags of paper? It's a paper problem. Let me give you an example...in our guest bathroom back in Concord we had a little dish that had a few slivers - and I do mean slivers - of soap. These slivers of soap were wrapped up in FOUR layers of 24"x 24" paper. A pony-tail holder, a small rock and some belly button lint - wrapped in 2 layers. A plastic cup - 2 layers. 3 votive candles - 4 layers. I could go on, but how much fun would that be for you...anyway, Bonni and Michael have a huge attic over their garage, so we are stuffing paper in big boxes and storing it. Hmmm....storing paper....who knew it would go down like that.

Ok, I apologize for going off on that - it wasn't how I intended to launch my first official post from our new place. But, alas - I am tired and sore...I do not feel like writing. However, I do need to let everyone know that we are here in our new place and we are getting settled. I don't have many pictures right now that are very exciting - for example:



I did want to say that I've received a few emails over the past week or so and I have NOT been able to respond to anyone! It's been so busy that I haven't had alot of opportunity to boot up and email. So, for those of you that have contacted me - please be patient - I will catch up with you very soon! Do know that I really, really, really love hearing from you and getting little stories about what's going on outside of TN...so keep the love notes comin' y'all....PLEASE!

Stay tuned for more adventures!

love and many paper layers...
k

0 comments: