Welcome to our adventures. I try as best as I can to document the happenings here in our family - everything from the shenanigans to the spiritual, from the kid to the kitchen, from the cat to the catastrophes. We believe that adventure can be found in everything we do...even in the mundane tasks of the day. When we set our minds on things above in gratitude to God, we find the strength to approach life with a sense of purpose & adventure. The adventure may not always be what we have planned...but isn't that what adventure is all about?

Other Stuff We Do

Thursday, February 28, 2008
We've been busy in Patterson...

Abby is giving the Wii a workout - she's mastered bowling, tennis, baseball and she's working on her golf swing. She works up a sweat playing! At least she remembers to hydrate herself frequently. Grandpa is her bowling coach (see pic to the left - a heavy strategy session occurs over Raisin Bran). And oh, the Wii isn't the only option here at Club Amaro Patterson - there's also Senior Fitness aerobics in the mornings w/ Grandma, if one chooses.

Mike has been working this week - he's got a nice little setup in one of the bedrooms where he is able to do all those important Bank of America things that he needs to do. He pops out for an occasional bowling match or a trip to the table for one of Mom's home-cooked meals.

Curious about what I've been up to (if not, skip this paragraph)? Well, besides trying to get these blogs all squared away (have you seen the new email delivery option?)...I have been living up to my vow of relaxation! After going 100 miles an hour for the last month, it's been a major blessing to just decompress in familiar surroundings. Today I was treated to an incredible spa pedicure at the beauty shop in downtown Patterson. Whilst I was having me footsies done up, my hands got a parrafin wax dip. That was kinda trippy. I'm also ready my first fiction book in I don't know how many years! Thanks Dave & Jeri for sending that to us - I'm looking forward to finishing it up. I'm sure at some point I will comment on the book here...stay tuned for that.

Abby had a special date w/ Grandma today where they went shopping at the Dollar Store and had lunch at Carl's Jr. Actually, I accompanied Grandma and Abby to the dollar store YESTERDAY and was then informed by my daughter that she wanted to go w/ Grandma ALONE. We all agreed that they would return the next day, sans Mom. Don't worry, my feelings weren't hurt. Abby has been all over town w/ Grandma....to the Post office, to the library (for story hour), to the drug store, etc. They are kindred errand-runner spirits.

Lastly, tonight we had dinner w/ Aunt Julie & Uncle Paul at Strings for "all you can eat" pasta and sauce. We got to visit one last time w/ P & J before we leave town. Of course, before they left, Aunt Julie and Abby had to get ANOTHER session of coloring in. I think Abby gets her coloring prowess from Aunt Julie - they are quite a team. Abby got lots of hugs stored up to tide her over until next time we see them again.


Stay tuned!
k

Posted by Picasa

0 comments: