Welcome to our adventures. I try as best as I can to document the happenings here in our family - everything from the shenanigans to the spiritual, from the kid to the kitchen, from the cat to the catastrophes. We believe that adventure can be found in everything we do...even in the mundane tasks of the day. When we set our minds on things above in gratitude to God, we find the strength to approach life with a sense of purpose & adventure. The adventure may not always be what we have planned...but isn't that what adventure is all about?

Other Stuff We Do

Thursday, February 28, 2008
Sometimes, the editing mechanism that exists between Abby's brain and mouth doesn't work properly and conversations like this occur:

Mom: "Ok Abby, let's get ready for bed."

Abby (in a whining, complaining tone): "Oh Moooommmmm....I don't feel good".

Mom (in an aggravated, I'm about to unleash on you kind of tone): "Abby....you just spent 30 minutes bowling on the Wii with us and you looked perfectly fine to me. Now, all of the sudden it's time to get ready for bed and you don't FEEL good?"

Abby (thinking, thinking, thinking): "I meant to say..........I....love you".

0 comments: