Welcome to our adventures. I try as best as I can to document the happenings here in our family - everything from the shenanigans to the spiritual, from the kid to the kitchen, from the cat to the catastrophes. We believe that adventure can be found in everything we do...even in the mundane tasks of the day. When we set our minds on things above in gratitude to God, we find the strength to approach life with a sense of purpose & adventure. The adventure may not always be what we have planned...but isn't that what adventure is all about?

Other Stuff We Do

Monday, September 8, 2008
Awhile before school started we bought Abby an alarm clock so that she would be excited about waking up for school (oh if that was all it took for me...). It's been a great tool to encourage her to get up on time and it gives her a little bit of responsibility as she is the one to get up and turn it off.

Well, I think the excitement factor is officially null and void. Yesterday after I got out of the shower, Mike reports to me that Abby's alarm went off and she immediately got in bed and went back to sleep.

Oh, that dog ain't gonna hunt, I thought. I marched into her room and found her cozied up under the covers fast asleep. I started in on the "secondary" alarm proceedings: opening of the blinds, turning on of the light, singing her name loudly, etc. I sit on the edge of the bed and she stirs awake. After lovingly welcoming her to the day, I start in on my lawyer like questioning of the morning offense.

"So why did you get back in bed after your alarm went off?"

She responds to me in the half-asleep daze:

"I was having a dream about baking cookies"

"Oh," I said "ok...but that doesn't explain why you got back in bed"

"I got back into bed because I wanted to finish my dream up."

Well, I couldn't argue with that!

0 comments: