Welcome to our adventures. I try as best as I can to document the happenings here in our family - everything from the shenanigans to the spiritual, from the kid to the kitchen, from the cat to the catastrophes. We believe that adventure can be found in everything we do...even in the mundane tasks of the day. When we set our minds on things above in gratitude to God, we find the strength to approach life with a sense of purpose & adventure. The adventure may not always be what we have planned...but isn't that what adventure is all about?

Other Stuff We Do

Saturday, July 12, 2008
Greetings from hot-n-humid central!

Ah yes, summer is in full swing here in the Volunteer state. But, it has not yet hit 100 which is more than I can say for other cities in the US. God has given me much grace to deal with the heat (as most of you know, I'm from San Diego...I get grumpy when temps fall outside of the 68 - 74 range - that's Fahrenheit by the way).

Just wanted to report that things are moving forward on our home purchase!! The appraisal contingency has been lifted from the contract and we have the home inspection this coming Wednesday. If all goes well, closing will be a little over 2 weeks away. We'll have just slightly more than a month to move, which is helpful....I'm planning my boxless move strategy as we speak. The thought of packing up a box so soon after unloading 10,000 of them makes me a bit spun out. If anyone would like to help, I will feed you...well....with chocolate, bbq and whatever else it takes.

One last item of note - we have our first official visitors arriving today! You'll have to stay tuned to see just who it is.

humid hugs and kisses,
k

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristin,
Please give my little sweetie a big hug from me. I miss her but when I do, I look at the picture of the turtle and I on the wall and say a prayer for her. I am so glad this transition has been going well for you and that you soon will have a new home!
Hugs
Mary Thompson