Welcome to our adventures. I try as best as I can to document the happenings here in our family - everything from the shenanigans to the spiritual, from the kid to the kitchen, from the cat to the catastrophes. We believe that adventure can be found in everything we do...even in the mundane tasks of the day. When we set our minds on things above in gratitude to God, we find the strength to approach life with a sense of purpose & adventure. The adventure may not always be what we have planned...but isn't that what adventure is all about?

Other Stuff We Do

Sunday, November 28, 2010
Sunday mornings at Club Amaro usually involve some kind of "special" breakfast.   I don't know quite how that got started, but it has become a bit of a tradition.   We attend church on Saturday evenings and that leaves Sunday morning for sleeping in and "special" breakfast.  Usually, it's my waffles, pancakes, french toast or crepes (or "cradles" as Abby calls them).  Something out of the ordinary that doesn't find its way on the Mon-Sat rotation.

This morning, I was feeling a little naughty and decided that bag of chocolate chip morsels had been in isolation too long.    So, I rocked some chocolate chip scones....    It just so happened that my camera was nearby so I decided I would do a little "Cooking at the Club" installment.   It's been too long since my last one.

I will include my recipe at the end, but here are my shots:

my little chocolate chip scones, getting ready for their time in the oven...

fresh out of the oven, cooling on a rack

waiting to be eaten....

carb-o-licious!

The only problem with doing this kind of activity is that your family has to wait for you to stage pictures.   You can't have a 1/2 eaten scone in the midst of your scone stage.   It's just not proper.   So as the photographer, you are responsible for ensuring that scone-happy fingers don't find their way onto your stage.

little fingers, stage left

Club Amaro's Sunday Morning Chocolate Chip Scones
2 cups self-rising White Lily flour (really, is there any other kind?)
2 tablespoons raw sugar
1/2 cup chilled butter
1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used minis)
1 beaten egg
1/2 cup milk

- Combine flour & sugar.
- Cut in butter until...you know...it gets that "way".
- Stir in yer chips.
- Mix egg and milk together then add to your dry mixture.
- Stir till just moistened then toss onto a well-floured surface.
- Knead until nearly smooth.
- Form into triangles, or however you want to rock it....3/4 inch thickness is best.

375 degrees, around 17 minutes.
Remove; cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes

You could, if you wanted to take the scones out at about 15 minutes and brush them with a little melted butter then pop them under the broiler for 2 minutes. But really, there's already a stick of butter in there...let's show a little self control.

ENJOY!

Hey Club Amaro readers...have you been over to AFH recently?   I've been a busy little bee....please visit!

1 comments:

Julie Prichard said...

Dude- I'm late coming around for this one..but those look delicious! Fantastic DOF!