Welcome to our adventures. I try as best as I can to document the happenings here in our family - everything from the shenanigans to the spiritual, from the kid to the kitchen, from the cat to the catastrophes. We believe that adventure can be found in everything we do...even in the mundane tasks of the day. When we set our minds on things above in gratitude to God, we find the strength to approach life with a sense of purpose & adventure. The adventure may not always be what we have planned...but isn't that what adventure is all about?

Other Stuff We Do

Friday, October 9, 2009
I've lived my entire life under the false notion that this was a Chrysanthemum.



About 5 minutes ago, I had an entirely different angle for this post. Then, I looked up how to spell Chrysanthemum. I'm a google girl, I google everything, including misspelled words. I know google won't let me down and will ask me if I meant something else. I love that. Google KNOWS me. It knows what I mean.

Anyway...google, in addition to asking me if I meant Chrysanthemum, also showed me some pictures of Chrysanthemums. And, to my surprise, it did not look like this:



So now, I'm spun out. I have no idea what this flower is. Somebody help me, please. Inform me. Google has let me down. I googled "flower with leaves that look like straws" and it did not come back and say, "Did you mean...". Pffsst...whatever, google.

So, my blog angle has been bent...and now I'm just left with a rant about google not really knowing me like I thought.

But, pictures of flowers are good. I'll go with that.



And, since I have no Mums to speak of in my vase of motherly birthday flowers, I'll leave you with this mum...my momma...taking a picture of me on the day before her birthday.



HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!! I LOVE YOU!!!


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Julie Prichard said...

I just bought a small bokeh of these at albertsons...yellow ones. I will go back and see if I can read the package. I'm on it. Better than google.

PS I know how I spelled bokeh.

Anonymous said...

Hi Club Amaro!
I think what you have there is a variation of the Chrysathemum called the spoon mum. It isn't exactly like the picture, but definitely a mum.
http://www.mums.org/journal/articles/classifications.htm
Hope that helps you!
PS, Anthony called your website to my attention for solving the riddle. ha, ha Bonnie from the Fitness Center

Nicole said...

I think it might be a fuji mum. Try to google that and see what you think. Let me know.

Brandi Hasley said...

I was thinking a form of a dahlia, but I'm not sure.