Welcome to our adventures. I try as best as I can to document the happenings here in our family - everything from the shenanigans to the spiritual, from the kid to the kitchen, from the cat to the catastrophes. We believe that adventure can be found in everything we do...even in the mundane tasks of the day. When we set our minds on things above in gratitude to God, we find the strength to approach life with a sense of purpose & adventure. The adventure may not always be what we have planned...but isn't that what adventure is all about?

Other Stuff We Do

Thursday, May 10, 2007



They say that imitation is the best form of flattery...if that's the case then Mrs. Hopkins & Mrs. Robison should consider themselves FLATTERED! Lately, every time I bring Abby home from school she runs straight away to her room, grabs all her "students" (baby dolls and stuffed animals) then brings them to the living room and sets them up for class (circle time). She has her chair setup in front as the teacher. She then proceeds to go through EVERY phase of HER school day - down to the detail! The greatest part is that because I have seen the routine done at her school, I can tell you with great confidence that she is imitating every little nuance of her teachers! It's a hoot to see. Today, she came to me and said, "Mom, I need a keychain". For the life of me, I couldn't understand why she was asking me for a keychain. After going back and forth about it, she finally said, "Mom....come on, Mrs. Hopkins and Mrs. Robison have keychains - I need a keychain!". Then, I remembered that Abby's teachers will sometimes wear one of those cords on their wrist that have a key on it - that's what she was referring to. I told her I didn't have one of those....so, she improvised. So - if you look closely at the picture (click on it to see a bigger one), you'll see her "keychain" (a pony tail holder).
If I looked really hard, I could find the picture of ME
playing "school" to all my stuffed animals (circa 1977)....
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: